Bikes & Accessories
Best Mens Racewalking Shoes
Ever since New Balance phased out the 111 racewalking shoe in early 2007, running racing flats are about all we have left. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Racing flats come in a wide variety of styles ranging from flimsy non-supportive slipper-like creations to much more cushiony trainer-racers. Within that range, racewalkers can find a wide array of PR-worthy shoes.
Most racing flats are “slip lasted,” or “strobel lasted,” techniques that allow for light weight and superior flexibility. Because we racewalkers hit the ground with less than half the force of the typical runner’s stride, we can get away with these much lighter shoes for both training and racing.
Steer away from the flimsiest shoes, like cross-country racers or track flats, but any shoe designed for 15k to marathon racing should work well for racewalk training and racing.
The downside to using racing flats for day-to-day wear is that they’re designed for runners to wear only once every few weeks to race, so they often don’t last very long. But life-spans vary considerably; some flats will last 300 miles or more, some extremely lightweight flats may be shot after a mere 50 miles. Shoes designed for marathons are made with high carbon outsoles that will usually hold up for several hundred miles.
The features sought out by racewalkers are lightweight, a low heel, a flexible midsole, a moderate amount of support, and a generous toe-box to prevent blisters or the dreaded “black toe-nails” that can arise after miles of walking in narrow-toed shoes. Outlandish colors seem to be a plus.
There are dozens of shoes that “foot” the bill. But who does it best?
For serious racers looking for the lightest and fastest shoes around, the Adidas adiZero RC and the Asics Gel-Hyper Speed 2 are heads above the rest. For marathon walkers or 50k specialists looking for more support, the New Balance RC1001, Mizuno Wave Revolver 5, and the Nike Air Zoom Marathoner get the edge for lightweight stability.
Buying a shoe for racewalking isn’t like buying a car. There aren’t an unlimited number of dazzling features that will steer you one way or another. Ultimately, fit is what matters most. How far you’ll be walking, how heavy you are, and the mechanics of your feet will also play a role. What the Olympic Champion wears - or the guy who just won your local 5k for that matter - is immaterial. Having said that, these are some of the very best new models from which to choose.
Bikes & Accessories Expert Reviews
Best Mens Racewalking Shoes
Guys, train better with these racewalking shoes.
Best Womens Mountain Bike Jerseys
Ride your mountain bike in style and comfort.
Best Exercise Bike
Get aerobic exercise in the comfort of your own home.
Best Electric Bicycles
Get a workout, save gas money and the Earth.
Best Racing Bikes under $3K
Lightweight and durable racing bikes less than $3,000.
Best Mens Cycling Jerseys
Get the most performance in fit and thermoregulation.
Best Mountain Bike Saddles
Perfect bike saddles for both the road and the trails.
Best Sport Mountain Bikes
BEST Adult Cycles by Tibesti!
Shop Best Selling Bikes & Accessories Products
- Pearl iZUMi Men's Quest Cycling Short
- 16 Gram Threaded CO2 Cartridge - 12 Pack
- Lock Laces
- Pearl Izumi Men's Select Glove
- Planet Bike Blinky "3" 3-Led Rear Bicycle Light
- Topeak Modula Cage EX Modified Shape Bicycle Waterbottle Cage
- Serfas TCPG Bicycle Floor Pump
- Coupler Attachment - InStep & Schwinn Bike Trailers
- Giro Indicator Sport Bike Helmet
- Schwinn 17-Function Bike Computer
- Schwinn Thrasher Adult Micro Bicycle Helmet (Adult)
- Topeak Alien II 26-Function Bicycle Tool
- Planet Bike 6.2 mm Welded Aluminum Bicycle Water Bottle Cage
- Pearl Izumi Men's Quest Jersey
- Planet Bike Beamer 3 HeadLight
- Pearl Izumi Men's Liner Short
- Pearl Izumi Women's Select Gel Glove
- Allen Tension Bar Bicycle Cross-Bar Adaptor
- Pearl Izumi Elite Gelvent Glove
- Giro Me2 Infant Bike Helmet
- Sunlite Bicycle Bungie Cargo Net, Black
- Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeve
- Allen Deluxe 4-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (2-Inch Receiver)
- Pearl iZUMi Men's Attack Cycling Short
- Pearl iZUMi Women's Quest Cycling Short
- Topeak Road Morph G Bike Pump with Gauge
- Bike Peddler Take A Look Cycling Eyeglass Mirror
- Avenir Threaded Presta 48Mm Valve Tube
- Camelbak HydroBak 50 oz Hydration Pack
- Strider PREbike Balance Running Bike
- Chamois BUTT'r
- Allen Deluxe 2-Bike Trunk Mount Rack
- Nathan Speed 2 Waistpack with Two 10-Ounce Nutrition Flasks
- Park Tool PCS-10 Home Mechanic Repair Stand
- Crank Brothers Multi Bicycle Tool (19-Function)
- Schwinn Pillow Top Cruiser Bicycle Seat
Top Bikes & Accessories Brands
Shop Sports & Outdoors Categories
- Action Sports
- Bikes & Scooters
- Boating & Water Sports
- Equestrian Sports
- Hunting & Fishing
- Leisure Sports & Games
- Outdoor Recreation
- Paintball & Airsoft
- Racket Sports
- Snow Sports
- Team Sports
- Other Sports
- Car Sports Racks
- Coaches' & Referees' Gear
- Electronics & Gadgets
- Gym Bags
- Inflation Devices & Accessories
- Lawn Games
- Memorabilia Display & Storage
- Playing Field Equipment
- Reflective Gear
- Sport Watches
- Sports Medicine
- Sports Sunglasses
- Sports Water Bottle Accessories
- Sports Water Bottles
- Water Helmets
- Water Shoes
- Fan Shop