Best Mens Racewalking Shoes
Ever since New Balance phased out the 111 racewalking shoe in early 2007, running racing flats are about all we have left. But that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Racing flats come in a wide variety of styles ranging from flimsy non-supportive slipper-like creations to much more cushiony trainer-racers. Within that range, racewalkers can find a wide array of PR-worthy shoes.
Most racing flats are “slip lasted,” or “strobel lasted,” techniques that allow for light weight and superior flexibility. Because we racewalkers hit the ground with less than half the force of the typical runner’s stride, we can get away with these much lighter shoes for both training and racing.
Steer away from the flimsiest shoes, like cross-country racers or track flats, but any shoe designed for 15k to marathon racing should work well for racewalk training and racing.
The downside to using racing flats for day-to-day wear is that they’re designed for runners to wear only once every few weeks to race, so they often don’t last very long. But life-spans vary considerably; some flats will last 300 miles or more, some extremely lightweight flats may be shot after a mere 50 miles. Shoes designed for marathons are made with high carbon outsoles that will usually hold up for several hundred miles.
The features sought out by racewalkers are lightweight, a low heel, a flexible midsole, a moderate amount of support, and a generous toe-box to prevent blisters or the dreaded “black toe-nails” that can arise after miles of walking in narrow-toed shoes. Outlandish colors seem to be a plus.
There are dozens of shoes that “foot” the bill. But who does it best?
For serious racers looking for the lightest and fastest shoes around, the Adidas adiZero RC and the Asics Gel-Hyper Speed 2 are heads above the rest. For marathon walkers or 50k specialists looking for more support, the New Balance RC1001, Mizuno Wave Revolver 5, and the Nike Air Zoom Marathoner get the edge for lightweight stability.
Buying a shoe for racewalking isn’t like buying a car. There aren’t an unlimited number of dazzling features that will steer you one way or another. Ultimately, fit is what matters most. How far you’ll be walking, how heavy you are, and the mechanics of your feet will also play a role. What the Olympic Champion wears - or the guy who just won your local 5k for that matter - is immaterial. Having said that, these are some of the very best new models from which to choose.
Men's Expert Reviews
Best Mens Racewalking Shoes
Guys, train better with these racewalking shoes.
Best Plaids for Lads
Add a touch of boldness to your wardrobe.
Best Mens Organic Shoes
Eco shoes from sandals to sneakers for men.
Best Womens Cross Trainers
Athletic shoes designed for women in multiple sports.
Best Mens Cross Trainers
Training shoes with support and performance men need.
Best Boots For Men
Classic to contemporary boots for a cool look.
Best Womens Organic Footwear
For women that love shoes and the Earth.
Best Natural Movement Running Shoes For Men
Best Natural Movement Running Shoes For Men by Tibesti
Best Mens Basketball Shoes
Insight on the BEST Mens basketball shoes from Tibesti
Best Selling Mens Shoes
Best Mens Running Shoes
The BEST Mens Running Shoes by Tibesti!
Shop Best Selling Men's Products
- ASICS Men's GEL-Nimbus 12 Running Shoe
- ASICS Men's GEL-Cumulus 12 Running Shoe
- Reef Men's Fanning Flip Flop
- Reef Leather Fanning Sandal
- Sperry Top-Sider "Authentic Original" 2-Eye Boat Shoe
- Rainbow Sandals Mens Double Layer Premier Leather
- Reef Men's Phantoms Sandal
- New Balance Men's MR993 Running Shoe
- Reef Men's Fanning Prints Flip Flop
- Columbia Sportswear Men's Techsun 2 Water Sandal
- Teva Men's Dozer III Closed Toe Sandal
- ASICS Men's GEL-Kayano 16 Running Shoe
- New Balance Men's MR1123 Running Shoe
- Brooks Men's Adrenaline GTS 11 Running
- adidas Men's Samba Classic Soccer Shoe
- New Balance Men's ML574 Sneaker
- Adidas Men's Boat Climacool Lace Water Shoes
- Sanuk Men's Standard Slip-On
- adidas Originals Men's Superstar 2 Retro Sneaker
- Sebago Men's Clovehitch II Boat Shoe
- Men's Merrell Moab Mid GORE-TEX®
- Adidas Men's Jawpaw II Water Shoes
- adidas Originals Men's Samoa Sneaker
- Dockers Men's Gordon Cap Toe Oxford
- Sebago Men's Spinnaker Boat Shoe
- crocs Men's Walu Slip-On
- Dockers Men's Proposal Moc Run Off Toe Slip On
- Reebok Men's ZigSonic Running Shoe
- Timberland PRO Men's Pitboss 6" Steel-Toe Boot
- Sanuk Men's Hemp Sidewalk Surfer
- Rockport Men's Almartin Oxford
- crocs Men's Yukon Sport Clog
- adidas Originals Men's Stan Smith II Court Sneaker
- Steve Madden Men's Welinton Slip-On Casual
- Polo Ralph Lauren Men's Harold Fashion Sneaker
- ECCO Men's Golf Street Lace-Up
Top Men's Brands
- 1883 By Lucchese
- adidas Originals
- Allen Edmonds
- Bruno Magli
- Dr. Martens
- Hugo Boss
- Mark Nason
- Muck Boot
- New Balance
- Old Gringo
- Paul Fredrick
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- Sperry Top-Sider
- Steve Madden
- To Boot New York
- True Religion
- Unstitched Utilites
- Zota Classic
Shop Fashion Categories
- Novelty & Special Use
- Luggage & Bags