Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
- Simple installation
- Carl Zeiss lens
- 2 megapixel sensor records up to 1600 x 1200 resolutions
- Versatile mount can be used on desktop monitors and laptops
- Supports Hiqh Quality Video in Skype (one of few cameras); 640 x 480 @ 25 fps
- Excellent image quality
- Built-in microphone
- Easy-to-use QuickCam software
- Plug and play on Mac
- Works with Skype on Mac without extra drivers.
- Can be CPU intensive
- QuickCam software not optimized for Macs leaving you without advanced features and effects
- Logitech software isn't good
- Regardless of specifications, the image quality is not that of 2 megapixel cameras.
- Actual video throughput (resolution + fps) is the same as any average webcam.
- Freezes on Skype and oovoo. No workaround or permanent fix known yet, at least to me.
Pros: High quality, easy installation, auto-focus/balance/etc, works with Skype/Yahoo/AIM, nicely built with a very convenient stand.
Cons: Could be a bit cheaper (don't we all wish...), USB cord is a bit short.
Pros: Clear Image, Sits on monitors and laptops, very useful
Cons: Microphone can be a little noisy, software can slow down Flash.
Pros: Shoots hd video, easy to use software
Cons: pretty expensive Est. around $80 in most stores.
Pros: Auto-focus, clear video and audio
Cons: Doesn't clip on a laptop computer monitor, no big deal if you are stationary.